Become a mentor. Change TWO lives.
The mission of Partners in Routt County is to make a positive difference in the lives of Routt County youth by facilitating partnerships between adult volunteers and youth.
- Many of our AmeriCorps School-Based Mentors are starting their after-school programs this week, offering students in Routt County a safe and constructive use of their time after school. There are lots of fun times ahead!
- Grateful to the Yampa Valley Community Foundation for recent funding to help us pilot a new Peer Mentoring Program. Development is underway with plans of starting in January 2015! Stay tuned...
- A great photo of all 9 of our AmeriCorps School-Based Mentors. This is an amazing group of people!
- Last Thursday was the first night of our new "Open Hours for Partnerships" and Jackie and Adi made the most of it! They played several games, painted their fingernails, and enjoyed laughing and chatting. Special thanks to those who donated some great games, books, and other supplies to the cause. Partnerships, if you ever need a place to hang out, the office is now open (just for you) until 7 pm on Thursday nights. :-)
- Could come in handy for mentors as well!
25 Ways To Ask Your Kids “So how was school today?” Without Asking them “So how was school today?”
This year Simon is in 4th grade and Grace is in 1st grade and I find myself asking them every day after school, “So how was school today?”. And everyday I get an answer like “fine” or “good” which doesn’t tell me a whole lot. AND I WANT TO KNOW A WHOLE LOT!!!! Or at […]